The Association of Municipal Assessors of New Jersey will be happy to post your Assessment related job opening on our site.
CITY OF ATLANTIC CITY, Deputy Tax Assessor
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction of the Tax Assessor, assists in establishing valuation for real property, and other related duties as required.
Applicant will ensure that all property, real and personal, is assessed within the City of Atlantic City; assist in supervising and coordinating the activities and operations of the City’s Assessor’s Office; to coordinate activities with other departments, divisions, and outside agencies; to provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the City Assessor. Responsibilities include, but not limited to field work, measuring and inspections of property, including new construction, additions and renovations. Maintaining assessments, processing permits and maintain all other records in the Tax Assessor’s office. Prepare accurate and informative reports, and maintain property record cards and files. Represent the municipality governing bodies and agencies, County Board Hearings and Tax Court. Investigate and hear tax payers complaints and provides recommendations.
- Must have Certified Tax Assessor certificate
- Must have experience/knowledge of Vital Systems
- Computer skills required, MS Word, Excel and other electronic programs and systems
- Five (5) years of experience with Residential, Commercial and Industrial
- If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit an application or resume to the City of Atlantic City, Human Resources Department, Room #416, 1301 Bacharach Blvd., Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401, no later than July 6, 2018.
- Employment Applications can be found on our website. Go to www.cityofatlanticcity.org The City of Atlantic City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TAX ASSESSOR - NEWARK CITY.
The City is recruiting a mature experienced individual for the position of Tax Assessor. The City is experiencing a rebirth with explosive growth in all property classifications. With approximately 45,000 line items Newark is the most populous city in the state and is one of the nation's major air, shipping, and rail hubs. The city had a population of 281,764 in 2016, making it the nation’s 67th most populous municipality in the nation. If you are up to the challenge, email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements, along with salary history to the City’s Business Administrator, Jack Kelly kellyj [ at ] ci.newark.nj.us The subject line of your email should read “Tax assessor applicant”.
PART-TIME TAX ASSESSOR- LAVALLETTE BOROUGH, Ocean County,
LAVALLETTE BOROUGH, Ocean County, seeks a part-time Tax Assessor with a minimum of three year’s experience. Candidates must hold a CTA license and be well versed in all aspects of local assessing practices and tax appeal procedures. Experience with the process of a revaluation preferred but not required. Must be familiar with Vital System MOD IV. Applications can be found on our website at lavallette.org. Resumes and Applications can be forwarded to Donnelly Amico, Municipal Clerk, 1306 Grand Central Avenue, Lavallette, NJ 08735 or emailed to damico [ at ] lavallette.org.